Marketing Tips: Set Goal for the Year and Look at Results Quarterly
- A critical marketing tips is to set your marketing goals for the year and look at them quarterly. Always be thinking, however, about ways to improve the overall plan. A critical element of setting goals is being able to measure them. Everything must be measurable or what good is it? Are you marketing through newspaper or internet advertising? Fine. What are the result of it? How much are specific ads pulling? If you don’t know, you must find out. Do you intend to use an aggressive public relations effort? That’s great. Don’t let your PR person wow you with placements alone. How much business is it garnering? Perhaps you will go with direct telephone solicitations. This is an easy one to measure if you are set up for it. Measure, measure, measure. Brutally drop what does not work. Keep testing until you get those phones ringing. This isn’t a game, it’s business.
- Come up with special offers for your customers to respond to. If you are mailing special offers, make sure the offer is on the envelope as well as on the letter in the form of a headline inside.
- Try using a broadcast fax promotion. Few people use the fax today so it might be interesting to see if you can generate interest through a fax marketing campaign.
- Marketing tips come in all shapes and sizes. For example, create a great signature for your email. What’s a signature, it is your name, phone number and address that you can put at the bottom on the email. It should also include your web address, company slogan and key information about your company so that your prospect will want to contact the company.
- Whenever possible, include testimonials from your customers in printed and web literature. Any time someone says something nice about you, ask them for a recommendation. To take this one step further, if your firm offers service of some type, always follow up after the service to find out if it was satisfactory for your customer. This is great customer care. It also is an opportunity to find more people who will make recommendations about your company.
- Offer a free special offer to your customers. Don’t give the product or service away but offer something else, something special.
- Effective marketing tips can be as little as a name tag. Create an elegant name tag for yourself and wear it at meetings attended by a lot of people. Few people do this and yet we meet so many people at meetings, there is a quick exchange of names and it is difficult for many people to remember who they just met. By shaking someone’s hand, saying your name and reinforcing it with your name tag, it is an effective way to be remembered.
- Always stay alert to anything that may impact your market in anyway and be ready and able to respond. If your business has anything to do with the internet, you know how quickly things can change. Even if you are not associated with the internet, stay tuned to all changes. Subscribe to bogs in your business. There is a website called Technorati that features thousands upon thousands of blogs. You will be able to find the most popular blogs in your business easily on this site. Subscribe to the most popular ones and actually reads the comments on the blogs. It will help your business.
<1> 2> <3> <4> <5>
Jump from Marketing Tips to Small Business Marketing